If you are in search for a WordPress theme, then chances are you have heard of a theme called GeneratePress. It is one of the fastest themes which is light weight and highly customizable.
It has a clean design, no unnecessary code and is FAST!
So, if you are on a lookout for theme, definitely try GeneratePress.
GeneratePress is a free, lightweight and fast theme. It is made by Tom Usborne. He launched it around 6 years ago. GeneratePress also has a paid plugin which adds more features to the free theme.
User Friendly Features
Here are some performance-focused features of the theme:
- Colours and Typography
The free version has limited customization in terms of colours and typography but the premium version enables you to customize nearly every element.
- Layout Control
You can control your entire site layout (like sidebars, margins, padding etc.) in GeneratePress.
- Pagebuilder Friendly
GeneratePress is pagebuilder friendly meaning any pagebuilder will work with this theme.
- Hooks and Filters
The theme provides you with hooks in multiple places.
- Small Size
The theme adds less than 10KB to your page size. So, as a result, your site loads blazing fast.
- SEO Optimized
The fast speed makes the theme SEO optimized. In addition to that, built-in schema.org structured data is available in the theme.
The theme follows best coding practices which makes your site secure and stable.
Free vs Premium
Although the theme is free, you may want to take a look at GP Premium as it adds many features to the already good theme. GP Premium costs $59.
GP Premium adds 13 modules to the theme which helps you to design your website even faster. Now, let’s take a quick look at all the modules of GP Premium:
- Background: Customize your site background.
- Blog: Change featured image settings, layouts, infinite scroll and more.
- Colours: Change your site colours with over 60 colour schemes.
- Copyright: Add, edit or remove site copyright.
- Disable Elements: Activate or deactivate different elements on any part of the theme.
- Elements: Advanced theme layouts to pages, posts and more via hooks to highly customize them.
- Menu Plus: Adds sticky nav, off-canvas nav, mobile header and more.
- Secondary Nav: Helps you to create secondary navigation menu.
- Sections: Create pages and posts in sections.
- Site Library: Many importable demo sites to help you quickly build you your website.
- Spacing: Control the size, padding, margin of widgets, menus, posts, pages etc.
- Typography: Multiple font options to give your site the perfect look.
- WooCommerce: Gives you multiple options for WooCommerce.
GeneratePress site library has some of the best demos.
No matter you are a beginner or an expert in WordPress, at some point of time, we all need support.
I am happy to say that GeneratePress has an amazing support system. They are unbelievably well at their work.
In addition to their fast support, they have an extensive knowledgebase.
Although GeneratePress is free, the offer a premium plugin for it called GP Premium. It’s priced at $59, which is quiet affordable considering the things that you are getting with it:
- All Modules
- Site Library
- 1 year premium support
Also, you can opt for a lifetime license which will set you back for $249. With that, you will get lifetime premium support and lifetime updates.
Pros and Cons
Now let’s look at some of the pros and cons of GeneratePress:
First, let’s look at some of the pros of this theme.
- Affordable Pricing: The base theme is free and if you want GP Premium, it’s only $59, which is really affordable compared to some other themes out there.
- Site Library: GP Premium offers over 40 demos which will help you set up your site quickly and easily.
- Developer Friendly: GeneratePress offers a lot of hooks, filters and more which makes it one of the best themes for developers.
- Extensive Documentation: GeneratePress has got you covered with a huge library of documentation and tutorial videos.
- Pagebuilder Support: It supports every pagebuilder out there without any compatibility issues.
The only con I found out about the theme is that it’s free version offers limited customization options. So, if you want to customize your site even more, you need to but the premium plugin.
GeneratePress is one of the best WordPress themes out there. It’s fast, SEO friendly and adds only 10KB of code to the site. It’s also 100% free. If you want more features and starter sites, then you need to buy GP premium which will set you back for $59. I highly recommend this theme for anyone who is on the lookout of a new theme.
If you have any queries or suggestions, then please let me know in the comments down below.
ALSO READ: Astra Theme Review