Hostinger is one of the well-known companies in the web hosting business. It was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Kaunas, Lithuania. It was founded as a tool that allowed users to create websites for free. The company has drastically expanded their product lineup since then.
Today, Hostinger serves over 29 million customers in 178 countries. According to the company, every day more than 15,000 customers sign up for their services.
Pros and Cons
- Good performance and good value for money
- 1-click installation of many popular softwares
- Cloudflare integration
- No phone support
- Daily backups only available on the more expensive plans
Shared hosting is the most popular type of hosting at hostinger as they are budget friendly as they start from just $0.99 per month.
|Single Plan||Premium Plan||Business Plan|
|99.99% uptime guarantee?||✔||✔||✔|
|Website builder included?||✔||✔||✔|
|Domain registration included?||❌||✔||✔|
WordPress Hosting Plans
WordPress hosting plans are optimized for WordPress hosting with server-level cache and other optimizations. They are almost similar to shared hosting. The extra features included are:
- WordPress Auto Installer.
- WordPress optimizations and server-level cache.
- Enhanced security via BitNinja
Cloud hosting is similar to shared hosting but they allocate dedicated resources to a user. So, a user gets access to dedicated resources but doesn’t have to worry about server management as it’s managed by Hostinger.
|Cloud Startup||Cloud Professional||Cloud Global|
|SSD storage||100 GB||140 GB||200 GB|
|RAM||3 GB||6 GB||200 GB|
Also, cloud hosting plans will give you the following the things:
- A dedicated IP
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Free domain
This is the most powerful hosting offered by Hostinger. Here, you have a lot of resources available to you. But, the only problem is you have to manage the server all by yourself and if anything breaks down, you have to fix it yourself.
You get the following things with VPS hosting:
- Full root access
- A dedicated IP
ALSO READ: What is Web Hosting? For Beginners
In this section, I will look at some of the features of Hostinger hosting.
hPanel Control Panel
All shared hosting plans, WordPress hosting plans and cloud hosting plans come with Hostinger’s own hPanel control panel. This is an in house developed control panel which is easy and intuitive to use.
By not having to pay for a cPanel or Plesk license fee, Hostinger passes over the savings to the end user.
Most plans come with Lets Encrypt free SSL. Hostinger also has DDoS protection. If you have WordPress hosting, then WAF is provided by BitNinja.
Hostinger also has email hosting. There are two options to choose from:
- Business Email: 10 GB space, spam protection, calendar/task management.
- Enterprise Email: Everything in Business Email plus 30GB space, file sharing, document management, alerts/reminders.
Depending on the plan, you might get automatic backups. Some offer weekly backups and some offer daily backups. However, you can perform manual backups anytime using hPanel.
Hostinger has one of the best infrastructures in the industry.
- Hostinger’s datacenters are located in Brazil, the United States, the United Kingdom, Singapore, the Netherlands, and Indonesia. So, you can select the datacenter closest to your visitors.
- Hostinger has multiple failsafe systems to protect the data. They also keep offsite backups.
- If the worst day comes, Hostinger can restore your website from the offsite backups within a short amount of time.
Hostinger has great customer support and many of them are well versed in WordPress. They also have an extensive knowledge base for every service that they provide. Here are the ways by which you can contact customer support:
- 24×7 Live Chat
Hostinger is a great budget-friendly high performance host. I highly recommend this host for anyone who is looking to start a blog or a website.
If you have any queries or suggestions then please let me know in the comments down below.
ALSO READ: How to Install WordPress on Hostinger Easily